Marimo Moss Balls – Healthy Fluffy Green Java Moss Balls Aquarium X 5
Marimo Moss Balls (Chladophora aegagropila) 3-5cm
These “Moss balls” are the latest craze to hit the aquarium plant hobby. They actually are said to be great for algae control because they “outcompete” the algae by using the same nutrients and starving the algae.
In its natural habitat, their ability to move around by using the undercurrents to sink or rise in order to position themselves to receive plenty of light to carry out photosynthesis is interesting.
- Can grow up to Diameter: 1″-12″ (2.5cm-30cm)
- Ideal Temperature: 68-82F (20-28C)
- Hardness tolerance: medium
- pH tolerance: 6.8-7.5
- Easiness: average
- How do Marimo Moss Balls help with algae control?
- What is the ideal temperature for Marimo Moss Balls?
- What is the hardness tolerance of Marimo Moss Balls?
- What is the pH tolerance of Marimo Moss Balls?
- How easy are Marimo Moss Balls to care for?
Marimo Moss Balls “outcompete” algae by using the same nutrients and starving the algae.
The ideal temperature for Marimo Moss Balls is 68-82F (20-28C).
Marimo Moss Balls have a medium hardness tolerance.
Marimo Moss Balls have a pH tolerance of 6.8-7.5.
Marimo Moss Balls have an average easiness level in terms of care.
Marimo Moss Balls are a fascinating addition to any aquarium. They not only provide aesthetic appeal but also help with algae control. Their ability to move around in their natural habitat adds to their uniqueness. With the right care, they can grow to impressive sizes. Consider adding Marimo Moss Balls to your aquarium for a healthy and beautiful environment.